Financial Crime Quality Assurance – Corporate Bank – 12th November 2019
Our client is a large Scandinavian financial services group with a global network of offices. In London our client has over 100 staff. The main business areas are Shipping, Energy, Telecom & Media and Nordic Corporates.
THE JOB OPPORTUNITY
The successful candidate with work within the first line team – with responsibility for non-financial risk areas, including Financial Crime, Operational Risk, Cyber and Information Security and Compliance.
As a new position our client is looking to recruit an experienced individual to be dedicated to QA delivery, and focused on R&Q Control Analysis. You will work predominantly with first line teams, such as, Transaction Monitoring, Know Your Customer (‘KYC’) and Client Services, and regularly engage with CEMEA 2nd line. You will also liaise with units in Head Office and international branches.
You will be part of a wider R&Q team where open discussion and learning from each other is appreciated and encouraged. In addition to collaborative working you will be expected to:
- Be a self starter capable of identifying new/emerging risk
- Prepare written artefacts with fact-based findings in support of options or recommendations for management consideration
- Actively contribute to internal process or control improvements
- Take part in (or lead) project work.
- QA planning to drive risk-based outcomes from internal reviews
- Assurance testing of financial crime related processes
- Development and delivery of QC and QA framework in CEMEA first line
- First line monitoring
- Provide subject matter expertise on Financial Crime Risk
- Participating in / leading project work
- Contributing to process / procedure enhancement, particularly for Financial Crime Risk
- Oversight of CEMEA outsourced activities
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- AML qualification preferable (e.g. ICA Diploma) – not mandatory
- Strong content knowledge / awareness of:
i) The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017;
ii) FCA Financial Crime Guide (March 2019 version); and
iii) The Joint Money Laundering Steering Group AML Guidance
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise (i.e. Financial Crime Risk within UK FCA-regulated CIB environment – specifically AML/CTF regulatory requirements)
- Fluent in English – both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Client focused and high level of responsiveness and pro-activeness
- Structured, well organized with ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter and capable of working independently.
- Ability to handle challenging and sensitive situations in a confidential and professional manner
- “Hands-on” and “can-do” attitude.
- Responsible and takes ownership of tasks.
- Team player
- Competent at preparing written artefacts, incorporating fact-based findings
- Adept at digesting and analysing information.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org