Head of Transaction Monitoring – Corporate & Institutional Bank – 20 May 2020
HEAD OF TRANSACTION MONITORING – CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING – CEMEA
Our client is a leading corporate and institutional bank with international exposure.
They are looking for a permanent Head of Transaction Monitoring to work in Risk and Quality (‘R&Q’), a first line unit with responsibility for non-financial risk areas, which include Financial Crime, Operational Risk, Cyber and Information Security and Compliance. Transaction Monitoring is a sub-unit in R&Q which works with the KYC Team, 2nd line (e.g. MLRO), Front Office, and the QA function, in addition to various units in Head Office and other international branches.
Primary responsibility will be development and enhancement of transaction monitoring and sanction screening framework, covering automated and manual monitoring. The candidate should demonstrate sufficient capability and experience to lead the transaction monitoring team in internal risk/financial crime fora, working with peers and stakeholders in London branch, Head Office and other Bank locations.
- Use subject matter expertise to improve/enhance CEMEA Transaction Monitoring and Sanction screening capability
- Ensure detailed procedures maintained to cover assessment and dispositioning of all alerts handled by CEMEA transaction monitoring team (including timely escalation of cases linked to suspected criminal property (i.e. to MLRO))
- Act as escalation point for (and provide guidance to) transaction monitoring team members
- Ensure QC/QA on BAU, thematic or project activity undertaken by transaction monitoring team
- Track to completion issues identified by QC/QA (1LoD or 2LoD), Internal Audit or other function, providing updates on progress via management information reporting
- Ensure appropriate capability in transaction monitoring team, including awareness of industry developments and scenario typologies
- Ensure transaction monitoring outcomes inform periodic/event driven reviews of customer risk
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders in branch and across the Bank, including 2LoD, 3LoD, Relationship Managers, senior management and counterparts overseas
- Represent London branch at industry fora (sharing and communicating learning with transaction monitoring staff, MLRO and branch colleagues)
- Maintain competency to perform senior transaction monitoring officer role, with personal and team goals/objectives defined, to aid team oversight and supervision
- Ensure rules-based scenarios regularly reviewed and where appropriate, scenarios created predicated on output of CEMEA AML risk assessment, industry typologies and agreed priorities
- Ensure sanction screening logic is monitored and reviewed to ensure it is effective
- Participate in and lead projects/development activity
- Business Application Owner in London of the electronic transaction monitoring system
- AML qualification preferable, but not mandatory – demonstrable experience is key
- PC skills proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word and advanced use of Excel
- Good awareness of FCA expectations of transaction monitoring in CIB and Markets environment
- Demonstrable awareness of UK good practice for AML/CTF transaction monitoring
- Fluent in English – both oral and written
- You should have at least 7 years’ experience in transaction monitoring, sanctions and AML
- Transaction monitoring experience in a UK corporate and institutional banking environment
- Good working knowledge (as a user) of an automated transaction monitoring system
- Knowledge of conducting negative news searches and usage of Adverse media tools
- Previous experience implementing procedures and improving transaction monitoring response
- Identifying high risk factors and recommend solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Structured, well organized with ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter and capable of working independently.
- Ability to handle challenging and sensitive situations in a confidential and professional manner • “Hands-on” and “can-do” attitude.
- Responsible and takes ownership of tasks.
- Team player
Email your CV to Felix Blumer, Consultant at Rutherford, the legal and compliance recruitment experts.
For more vacancies: https://rutherfordsearch.com/current-vacancies/