Head of Transaction Monitoring – Corporate Banking – 05/03/2020
Our client, a leading bank with international exposure is looking for an experienced Head of Transaction Monitoring.
The Head of TM is to work in the Risk and Quality department, with responsibility for non-financial risk areas. Primary responsibility will be development and enhancement of transaction monitoring framework, covering automated and manual monitoring.
The role will involve you working with other departments including peers, senior stakeholders as well other international branches. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their skills in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
The candidate should demonstrate sufficient capability and experience to lead the transaction monitoring work. Responsibilities include:
· Use subject matter expertise to improve/enhance CEMEA Transaction Monitoring capability
· Ensure detailed procedures maintained to cover assessment and dispositioning of all alerts handled by CEMEA transaction monitoring team (including timely escalation of cases linked to suspected criminal property (i.e. to MLRO))
· Act as escalation point for (and provide guidance to) transaction monitoring team members
· Ensure QC/QA on BAU, thematic or project activity undertaken by transaction monitoring team
· Tracking on deliverables identified by QC / QA (1LoD or 2LoD), Internal Audit or other function
· Oversee appropriate capability in transaction monitoring team
· Ensure transaction monitoring outcomes inform periodic/event driven reviews of customer risk
· Maintain collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders in local and international branches
· Represent London branch at industry forums
· Project management/development activity
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in transaction monitoring and AML, specifically in a UK corporate and institutional banking environment
· Good awareness of FCA expectations of transaction monitoring in CIB and Markets environment
· Proficient (as a user) of an automated transaction monitoring system
· Knowledge of conducting negative news searches and usage of Adverse media tools
· Able to demonstrate implementing procedures and improving transaction monitoring response. Identifying high risk factors and recommend solutions
Contact Felix Blumer:
+44 (0)20 3778 0846