KYC / AML SPECIALIST – CORPORATE BANK – 12th Nov 2019
Our client is a large Scandinavian financial services group with a global network of offices. In London our client has over 100 staff. The main business areas are Shipping, Energy, Telecom & Media and Nordic Corporates.
THE JOB OPPORTUNITY
Our client is seeking a permanent KYC / AML Specialist.
On-boarding new clients and conducting reviews of existing clients in compliance with internal standards and procedures, and external regulatory requirements.
Example tasks include:
- Gathering customer related information and documentation for analysis o Assessing financial crime risk, e.g. AML, CTF, ABC, etc.
- Completing the Customer Risk Assessment with the Relationship Manager
- Identify indicators of higher risk relationships and conducting EDD (e.g. high-risk industry, PEP or Sanctions nexus, etc. linked to customer’s nature of business)
- Assessment of negative media screening o Escalate anomaly / issue identified indicative of higher risk
- Linking with Relationship Managers, Clients and Senior Management
- Reporting any suspicions or unusual significant activities to the Local Head of Compliance (LHC)/Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Apply subject matter expertise to reduce Financial Crime Risk to the bank
- Provide MI information to Management
- Participate in project work and contribute to development of internal processes, guidance and procedures
COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- ICA Diploma/ICA Certificates/ACAMS qualification preferable
- Experience of AML/CTF customer due diligence requirements (incl. Simplified and Enhanced Due Diligence) within a UK regulated corporate and institutional banking environment
- Fluent in English – both oral and written
- PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word and advanced used of Excel
- Good awareness of UK regulatory requirements for Financial Crime, especially AML/CTF, and of UK Good practice (per guidance issued by FCA and Joint Money Laundering Steering Group)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, oral and written
- Client focused with high level of responsiveness and pro-activeness
- Structured, well organized with ability to multi-task
- Self-starter, capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a professional manner
- “Hands-on” and “can-do” attitude (i.e. take ownership of tasks)
- Adept at digesting and analysing information
Please contact email@example.com