Paralegal/ Company Secretary- Boutique Asset Management Firm- 24/01/20
JOB TITLE: Paralegal/ Company Secretary
REPORTS TO: Head of Legal and Compliance and Senior Legal Counsel
MAIN PURPOSE: Supporting In-house Legal and Compliance Team in a growing asset management business within excess of USD 20 billion in assets under management across multiple jurisdictions and strategies.
OVERVIEW: Our client is an international asset manager with offices in London, Miami and Singapore. They are looking to make a hire into their Legal and Compliance Team based in London with responsibility for the governance of management companies located in the UK and Guernsey and open-ended investment vehicles based in Luxembourg, Cayman, and Delaware. The ideal candidate will have company secretarial experience and previous experience in the funds industry; although strong candidates with related financial services experience will be considered.
The candidate will be responsible for the company secretarial oversight of the UK management companies under the guidance of the Senior Legal Counsel and will interact closely with the Head of Legal & Compliance. The candidate will be working primarily within the Legal Team but will also assist the Compliance Team as required.
- administration of the UK corporate entities, including filings with Companies House;
• drafting documents for the UK corporate entities, including board minutes, resolutions, option deeds and share certificates;
• overseeing and coordinating fund board meetings for Luxembourg and Cayman funds;
• drafting and reviewing contracts such as NDA’s and other standard agreements under the guidance of the Senior Legal Counsel;
• legal research on a wide range of different issues, including regulatory changes and key legal/compliance issues;
• contract management responsibilities including organising the filing of contracts and signings;
• ad hoc administrative duties as and when required;
• Assisting compliance team where necessary with filings, due diligence, and regulatory reporting; and
• Assisting with the production of MI reporting and presentations.
- Previous company secretarial experience / paralegal experience either in-house or private practice;
• Company secretarial experience including writing minutes and liaising with different stakeholders (a company secretarial qualification would be preferred);
• Regulatory experience of any kind (including applications);
• Excellent attention to detail even in time pressured situations;
• High levels of pragmatism and common sense;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team; and
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Name: Alexia Brodie Cooper
Number: 0207 183 0070