Legal Counsel – Alternatives
LEGAL COUNSEL – ALTERNATIVES
An opportunity to join a c.$30bn AUM investment manager, based in London. The Legal Counsel will join a small legal team, will contribute to the efficient running of the legal function and be responsible for a broad range of activities and legal matters across all areas of the firm. As Legal Counsel, you will report directly to the General Counsel and gain valuable exposure across hedge funds, private equity, private debt, managed accounts, uncorrelated strategies.
- Providing legal support and advice to all our offices globally on all aspects of the firm’s business.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of agreements which shall primarily be alternative fund documentation.
- Assisting with respect to discretionary management agreements / advisory agreements with our clients and Non-Disclosure Agreements and other miscellaneous agreements.
- Working on corporate matters and occasionally assist with employment, data protection and IP related matters.
- Coordinating with external counsel in preparation of various fund documents and other cross border matters.
- Ad hoc legal research
- Assisting with regulatory matters as required and advising on policy development – introducing new policies in response to new legislation and revising current policies to meet the needs of the business.
- Keeping abreast of any changes in the law and of industry practices.
- UK qualified solicitor
- Fund lawyer with at least five years’ post qualification experience and training from a top tier law firm or reputable asset manager who is willing to take on a broader role.
- Experience of a broad range of alternative funds (hedge funds, private equity, private debt, managed accounts, uncorrelated strategies).
- Ability to draft, review and amend fund formation documentation.
- You will ideally have experience of working on matters across several jurisdiction (notably UK and US).
- Ability to work with a degree of independence and escalating issues when and if necessary.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organisation in an international environment
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Strong financial and business awareness
Click Here for more vacancie