Market Surveillance Associate- Crypto Exchange- 06/11/19
We are currently looking for an experienced compliance associate with strong expertise in all aspects of market surveillance. This position will be the lead on day-to-day market surveillance operations and will serve as a subject matter expert and provide support in enhancing Our clients global market surveillance program. The individual must have hands on experience gained within a previous trade and market surveillance role, familiarity with a range of surveillance vendor technology, in-depth knowledge of MAR and MiFID II regulations and advanced analytical expertise in detecting market abuse typologies/insider trading.
- with minimal supervision, conduct high-quality market abuse investigations tied to crypto futures, benchmarking and spot markets. Market investigations will entail in-depth research and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data sets to produce written reports that provide assessments of financial crime risks. Market investigations will be generated from multiple sources, including a market surveillance system, internal referrals, regulatory inquiries and other ad-hoc requests.
● File Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or any other regulator disclosures that may be required when market abuse is suspected. This includes SARs with the NCA and suspicious transaction and order reports’ (STORs) with the FCA as well as other regulatory bodies.
● Maintain a case tracking system of all open/closed issues and ensure that cases are completed within our SLAs. Maintain thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations.
● Liaise with management and operations staff as needed during an investigation. Escalate issues proactively and timely to higher management for action, while maintaining confidentiality of the issue.
● Assist management with responding to regulatory inquiries that relate to market abuse.
● Assist management with responding to customer complaints that relate to market abuse and/or accusations of manipulation.
● Actively develop knowledge of market abuse typologies in crypto. Assist with calibration of our market abuse surveillance system (e.g. detection scenarios, instance identification, parameter setting and tuning)
● Serve as a subject matter lead for the Compliance department and help develop a training program and best practices for conducting market investigations.
● Stay abreast on industry standards and developments in the areas of crypto market trends and regulations that impact our market surveillance program. Provide recommendations on policy enhancements to our market surveillance program.
● Develop strong knowledge of all products and market pairs (spot and derivatives markets).
At least 3 years direct experience in conducting in-depth trade and market investigations for cash and/or derivatives markets (futures, FX, commodities, benchmarks, equites, crypto etc). Clear understanding of trading lifecycles.
● Expertise in market abuse, insider trading and other exchange rules and regulations. Strong understanding of the relevant market abuse regulations in the UK and ideally in the US/other jurisdictions.
● Experience with utilizing and/or optimizing market abuse surveillance technologies (Scila, Smarts, Actimize etc.)
● Knowledge of the crypto industry is a strong plus and willingness to gain expertise of the market abuse typologies in the crypto industry is a requirement
● Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines with limited oversight; must be resourceful, inquisitive and have an international mindset.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
● Excellent writing skills and able to succinctly articulate investigative findings in reports.
● impeccable verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and operate in a global team with a matrix management structure.
● Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Willing and able to maturely work with sensitive issues and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
● Degree or equivalent experience
Name: Alexia Brodie Cooper
Number: 0207 183 0070